Monday, May 25, 2015

An Artistic Respite – Ladysmith Black Mambazo

When I revived this blog, I was determined to give it a little more breadth.  I decided that I would break some of the talking a break, especially as I am aware that I can be long-winded and lean toward a lecture format.
Tonight, I’m inviting you to enjoy Ladysmith Black Mambazo, via YouTube links.  You can access their long and fascinating story as you listen via a google lookup.  I recommend it.  I will only add that they are ambassadors for peace from the kwaZulu nation, and South Africa.
My first link is for an 81 minute selection of performances of LBM and the Soweto Gospel Choir, many of which are only the Soweto Gospel Choir (no worries, it’s also wonderful).  It’s beautiful, and long enough to accompany my several year old posts of the philosophy of peace, where I pick a small fight with St. Augustine, or just enjoying while you do something quietly.
Next, I have their 2007 performance of ‘Homeless’ at the Nobel Peace Concert honoring Nelson Mandela.  Homeless was featured on Paul Simon’s famous album “Graceland”
Last one:  Amazing Grace
I hope the hyperlinks work in Blogger!

That’s all.  Good night, and Peace!  

No comments:

Post a Comment