Thursday, April 4, 2013

April 11: Pray for Peace

In resposnse to my post earlier today, and in remembrence of the terrible murder of Martin
Luther King, Jr. 45 years ago today, I am making a simple request for one week from today, Thursday, April 11, 2013.

Say a prayer for Peace

If you can honor my simple request, thank you.

If you would like to do more, may I suggest:

  1. Organize a group to pray with,
  2. Make your prayer specific, perhaps directed toward gun violence, or peace in Syria, or Sudan, or Korea, or Afghanistan.
  3. send me an e-mail at quixote32@gmail.com, and let me know how it went, and what you prayed for.
  4. There are 7 billion people, but only six degrees of separation.  Tell everyone you know.
I am going to pray in the Anglican Christian tradition. If you are neither Anglican, not Christian, pray in your own manner, even if you would rather call it thoughtful meditation.  We all have something to say.



Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment